Phlebotomy Courses In South Africa
This article is all you need to get a well-detailed and comprehensive list of the Phlebotomy Courses In South Africa.
Phlebotomy is the process of making a puncture in a vein, usually in the arm, with a cannula for the purpose of drawing blood. The procedure itself is known as venipuncture, which is also used for intravenous therapy.
Entry Requirements To Study Phlebotomy In South Africa
● High school diploma or GED
● A minimum GPA while in high school
● Immunization records
● Background check
● CPR certification
Once accepted into a program, students typically need to pay tuition and fees. These may or may not cover the costs for textbooks and a uniform. Also, students who drop out of a program after enrolling may be assessed a withdrawal fee.
When enrolling, students may wish to look for a program that is approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS). Nearly 60 phlebotomy programs nationwide are listed as approved on the NAACLS site as of October 2020, meaning that they have reached certain education standards in phlebotomy and that staff and faculty have attained specific education levels.
Requirements to be eligible to sit for a certification exam vary based on the testing agency.
However, for all agencies, aspiring professionals must:
● Complete a phlebotomy education course
● Hold a current CPR certification
● Have graduated from high school or have obtained a GED
● Complete the required clinical training either with a required number of on-the-job training hours or a number of venipunctures
● Students should ensure they verify the requirements with each testing agency to ensure they meet the requirements. Once requirements are met, students can apply to take the exam for certification. Top recognized certification agencies include:
● South African Certification Agency for Healthcare Professionals (SACA)
● South African Medical Technologists (SAMT)
● The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT/MMCI)
● The South African Society for Clinical Pathology (SASCP)
● South African Medical Certification Association (SAMCA).
Schools Offering Phlebotomy In South Africa
● University of Pretoria
● University of Cape Town
● University of South Africa
Where in South Africa can I study phlebotomy?
The PathCare Academy was the first centre in South Africa where phlebotomists were trained. They also developed courses for laboratory technicians and laboratory assistants
How long is a phlebotomy course in South Africa?
This two-year program offers the opportunity for permanent employment. Successful candidates are trained in a medical laboratory and participate in classroom and workplace learning.
How do I become a phlebotomist in South Africa?
The entry-level criteria include Grade 12 with biology and mathematics or math literacy.
Selection includes pre-interview testing and panel interviews. Successful candidates are paid an allowance and are employed on a two-year contract during their studies at the PathCare Academy
Pathcare Phlebotomy Learnership 2022 Application Form
Aspirants who are interested in PathCare Academy Medical Technician Learnerships Application Form 2021 must meet all conditions to qualify.
Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will mean that they are not eligible for PathCare Academy Medical Technician Learnership 2021 Application Form. It is essential to read and follow the specifications so that you can apply with confidence.
Applicants wishing to apply to learn with PathCare Academy Medical Technician should fulfil all the conditions set by the company. Candidates must be South African citizens to qualify. They will need the following:
● Candidates should have a valid matriculation certification
● Candidates must have 12 passes out with PCM Good Marks 50% above.
● Candidates should be proficient in English
● Candidates must keep a valid South African ID document
● Depending on the region, applicants must have a valid driver’s license. Preference is given to applicants with disabilities and the nature of the disability must be clearly stated within their course vitae and experience.
● Aspirants should provide certified copies of all qualifications and a motivational letter that states their goals and reason for applying to Netcare Nursing college Application Forms 2021. This should accompany their Netcare Application Form 2021 and curriculum.
How to Apply for PathCare Academy Medical Technician Learnership Online Application Form
Aspirants who are interested in PathCare Academy Medical Technician Learnership Programme Application Form 2021 are advised to visit the PathCare Academy Medical Technician website.
Candidates can learn more about the www.pathcare.co.za Programs that the company offers by visiting its website page which lists the Netcare Learnership 2021 Requirements & Guide Programs of learners.