Northeastern University Top Majors
Which are Northwestern University Top Majors? Northeastern University is a private education service provider that is located in the United States. The prestigious American University was established in 1898 and hence sits among the oldest higher tertiary institutions in the country.
The prestige school has an urban campus setting and the social life led in the school by scholars is top-notch. More so, the academic institution sits on 73 acres of land mass and the environment is clean and green.
Moreover, According to the (2022) latest USNews ranking, Northeastern University is the 49th best national university in the United States.
Northeastern University and Student’s Career
For a start, scholars at Northeastern University pay an average of $57,592 as fees on annual basis. In return, they stand to gain extensive career knowledge before finishing their programs.
In short, a total of nothing less than 90% of learners in the American University has passed through a professional co-ops program – with many of them working with some of the world’s best firms and companies such as MTV, and ESPN.
Also, the co-ops program is available in two variants; the first being that a scholar will complete his/her program in 4 years which comes with two co-ops. And the other implies that the student will complete a five-year program that will be associated with 3 co-ops.
In terms of social life, Northeastern University does not lag. The prestigious American education service provider is home to more than 400 organizations, groups, associations, unions, and alliances for students – this includes the Greek (lifestyle) sororities for women and fraternities for men.
Furthermore, at this American University, Freshmen and sophomores are obliged to reside on campus while the rest can rent apartments outside the school and reside there. The school also has a stop on Boston’s subway network, generally called the T.
Overall, the University is located in one of America’s most culturally diverse cities – and in extension, students seldom lack movements and activities to get involved in.
Northeastern University: Ranking
Northeastern University is one of the best private education service providers. (As we speak) the school is currently the 49th best national university in the United States.
The school is also among the elites when it comes to the quality of undergraduate teaching. Northeastern University is the 58th best school for Bachelor’s degree education.
Aside from that, Northeastern University ranks as the 104th best school in terms of the overall value of education. Even so, the American education service provider is one of the most innovative schools in the entire country as it’s currently 11th on the standings of the leading innovative educational establishments.
Also, the school is ranked as the 297th best American academic institution among top performers on social mobility.
Additionally, the prestigious private higher tertiary institution has an undergraduate engineering program that ranks among the top 50 in the whole country; #45 to be precise.
Top Majors at Northeastern University
Northeastern University is home to many undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs; covering from bachelor’s degrees to that doctorates. However, as there are many major programs at the school, their rankings among various academic pointers of an excellent education are different.
Listed below are the Majors that have done well and sit among the top programs at Northeastern University…
- Social Sciences
- General Biology
- Computer and Information sciences
1. Northeastern University (School of Business) Business School Overview
The D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University (School of Business) comes in as the No. I am on the list of top major programs at Northeastern University.
The program is also among one of the broadest in the school as it covers many academic fields of knowledge which are:
- Operations Research, And Technology
- Quantitative Analysis/Statistics
- Supply Chain Management/Logistics
- International Business
- Health Care Administration
- General Management
Scholars who wish to obtain this major at the American University are to pay tuition of $90,200 for full-time and $98,400 for part-time respectively.
Moreover, the graduate programs of the school of business have many multiple disciplines. Students can choose to go for online programs as well as full-time MBA programs with part-time programs inclusive.
Even so, the American education service provider has dual-degree academic disciplines with the Law School as well as Business School.
The school also offers M.S. degrees in the following areas…
- Business Analytics
- Technological Entrepreneurship
- International Business
Management is one of the best and top Major programs at Northeastern University. The Major aims at educating potential management professional scholars on how to manage programs, projects, and people.
It adopts an extensive style of education that aims at training effective administrators, managers, and executives. The major aims at promoting business competency as well as ethical values.
The concept of human managerial dynamics is also handled and scholars are taught using a practical-oriented pattern.
Topics covered in the Major program include:
- Project Management
- Client and Sales Support
- Human Resources
- Business Analytics
- Project Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Managing teams
- Organizational change, and its impact on business results
3. Social Sciences
Social Sciences is one of the top major programs at Northeastern University. This top major program is available Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, as well a Doctorate in Social Sciences.
To add to that, the prestigious private American University is among the top 10% of schools to study social sciences; ranking 71st out of 866 to be more specific. The social sciences major of the higher education establishment also ranks as the
8th best in Massachusetts.
Nonetheless, here’s how Northeastern University and the Major rank among other elites…
- The higher tertiary institution is ranked 16th on the Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Social Sciences
- Northeastern University is also the 45th best Social Sciences Master’s Degree School
- The Private American University is the 40th most outstanding Social Sciences Doctor’s Degree School
- Northeastern University is also the 65th best Social Sciences Bachelor’s degree School
- The prestigious education service provider is the 55th most Popular Master’s Degree College for Social Sciences
4. General Biology
General Biology is one of the best major programs at Northeastern University. The major is also among the most sought-after programs at the school.
Even so, degrees in General Biology Major offered by the school include a Master’s degree in Biology, Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, and Doctorate in Biology.
The school also ranks well when it comes to the quality of biology education. It is among the top 5% of best schools in the United States to-go for General biology education; ranking 30th overall. Meanwhile, in the City of Massachusetts, the major program ranks as the 7th best the program.
Nevertheless, here’s how Northeastern University and General Biology Major ranks among other elites…
- The higher tertiary institution is ranked 10th on the Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology
- Northeastern University is also the 10th best General Biology Master’s Degree School
- The Private American University is the 13th most outstanding General Biology Doctor’s Degree School
- Northeastern University is also the 25th best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree School
5. Computer & Information Sciences
Computer & Information Sciences is one of the best performing top major programs at Northeastern University. The major program is characterized by a high-quality education, career-oriented coursework, and professional faculty staff.
Moreover, the program is available Master’s degree in Computer & Information Sciences, Bachelor’s degree in Computer & Information Sciences, and Doctorate in Computer & Information Sciences.
Aside from this, the prominent private tertiary institution is among the top 5% of schools in the United States for potential Computer & Information Sciences professionals; ranking 41st best in overall quality of the program. The major program is also ranked among the top ten (10) in Massachusetts.
Nonetheless, here’s how Northeastern University and Computer & Information Sciences Major ranks among other elites…
- The higher tertiary institution is ranked 16th on the Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences
- Northeastern University is also the 30th best Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Degree School
- The Private American University is the 31st most outstanding Computer & Information Sciences Doctor’s Degree Schools
- The prestigious education service provider is the 22th most Popular Master’s Degree College for Computer & Information Sciences
Rounding off the list of the best major programs at Northeastern University in Journalism. As one of the world’s most sought-after programs, the need for an improvement in the general quality of education in Journalism has become pertinent.
Nonetheless, the Journalism major at Northwestern University offers one of the best of its kind in the United States. The prestigious American University is ranked as the 11th best school for journalism and is indisputably the best in Massachusetts.
Also, the programs come with a Master’s degree in Journalism and Bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
With that being said, here’s how Northeastern University and Journalism Major ranks among other elites…
- The higher tertiary institution is ranked 30th among the most focused master’s Degree Colleges for Journalism
- Northeastern University is also the 6th best education service provider for Journalism Master’s Degree
- The Private American University is the 4th most outstanding Journalism Doctor’s Degree School
- The prestigious education service provider is the 14th most outstanding bachelor’s degree College for Journalism
That was all on Northeastern University Top Majors. Let’s hear from you