Best Truck Driving Schools in the US
If you are looking for the best truck driving schools in the US, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve done all the research to find out what state is best for truck drivers and which companies hire them.
We also have a list of top CDL schools that can help you become a professional driver!
What state is best for truck drivers?
Now that you have a general idea of what to expect as a truck driver, you may be wondering which state is best for you. The best states for truck drivers are:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- Texas (on the eastern edge of the Great Plains) * Wisconsin (on the western edge of the Great Plains) * Wyoming (in between Texas and Montana; shares borders with Colorado and Utah) * California * Oregon * Washington * Hawaii (partly located on an island) * Alaska (state at either end of North America) Montana New Mexico
What is the Highest Paying Truck Driving Job in America?
There are a few different trucking jobs that you can get, and they all pay well. The best paying job is usually found in the oil industry, but there are plenty of opportunities in other industries too. If you want to make good money as a truck driver, here’s some tips for how to go about it:
- Truck driving jobs are available throughout America, not just in certain areas or cities. You don’t need to be located near an oil field for example; there will be plenty of work available for you wherever your home base happens to be so long as there are trucks being shipped from one place to another nearby.
- Some people may think that only men can get these types of jobs because they’re physically demanding – but this isn’t true at all! In fact I myself am female and went through school learning everything I needed so that someday soon when I’m ready (I’m still studying right now), then yes maybe someday soon after graduation when i get my CDL license then maybe someday down the road when i have enough experience under my belt…then maybe later on down years later after getting enough experience under my belt then maybe someday down year later after getting enough experience under my belt…..
What is the Highest Paying Truck Driving Company?
The highest paying trucking companies in the US are:
- Werner Enterprises, Inc. – it has been operating for over 40 years and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It offers various services such as dedicated operation, regional routes and local hauling. Their fleet consists of 5300 tractors and 7500 trailers.
- Swift Transportation Co – their headquarters are located in Phoenix, Arizona but they have branches across America including states like California, Texas, Minnesota and Washington to name a few. They have 5000 trucks running on road which cover over 1 million miles each week delivering goods like foodstuffs to stores nationwide.
- JB Hunt Transport Services Inc – this company was founded by Johnnie Bryan Hunt Jr back in 1982 with just 2 trucks but today it owns more than 7200 vehicles making them one of the largest trucking companies in America employing over 25000 drivers every day across all states plus Canada where they also offer services (source).
The Basics of Professional Truck Driving
Truck drivers are in high demand and earn a good salary. A truck driver can earn up to $90,000 a year with the right training. These jobs are considered to be among the most dangerous occupations, but their safety record has been improving in recent years.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers flexibility, there’s no better choice than professional truck driving! It’s also one of the fastest growing professions in America today: more people choose this as their career path because it offers both economic security and personal satisfaction on an ongoing basis!
But before we start talking about what makes truck driving so great, let’s look at some basic facts about how much money you’re likely going to make if you go through all kinds of training programs or certifications offered by companies like Total Transport Logistic Solutions Inc., which specializes only in providing transportation services like freight forwarding/logistics solutions etc etc (sorry guys).
Who Hires Professional Truck Drivers?
Who hires professional truck drivers? Trucking companies, manufacturers, shippers, landscapers and agricultural companies, loggers, construction companies and government agencies. Oil companies also hire professional truck drivers.
But what about mining? Do they need professional drivers too? Yes! Mining is responsible for the extraction of metal ores (such as copper), minerals (such as diamonds) and coal from the ground. The mining process includes drilling holes underground to bring up these valuable materials from deep inside the ground. There are many different types of trucks that can be used in mining operations – dump trucks (also known as dumpers), graders and bulldozers are just some examples of vehicles used on site by miners every day!
How to Become a Truck Driver
The first step to becoming a truck driver is getting your commercial driver’s license (CDL). You’ll need your CDL to drive any vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,000 pounds or more. To get a CDL, you must:
- Get your CDL training. This course teaches the skills and knowledge needed for safe operation of large trucks on public roads. It will also prepare you for the written exam required of all new drivers. You can take this course online or in person at many locations around the country, depending on where you live and what type of education providers are available in your area.
The Criteria for Top Truck Driving Schools
- Accreditation. Your school must be accredited by the American Trucking Associations (ATA), an organization that accredits schools across the country to ensure they meet industry standards.
- License Transferability: If you want your commercial driver’s license (CDL) to be accepted regardless of what state you live in, make sure it’s valid nationally. This is important if you plan on driving for a long time and moving around throughout your career.
- Job Placement Rate/Potential: The best truck driving schools have high success rates when it comes to placing graduates into jobs with reputable companies like UPS or FedEx, which means they’ll help boost your chances of getting hired as well—a major benefit since trucking jobs are some of the best paying out there!
- Course Length/Costs: The length of courses varies from school to school but most last from six weeks up till nine months (or longer depending on what kind). Prices range from $2k-$4k depending on where exactly you go so make sure beforehand how much money is involved before committing yourself fully into this program because sometimes these fees can change quickly depending on budget constraints at any given moment in history due mostly due high inflation rates!
Commercial License Basics
The difference between a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and other driving licenses is that it allows you to drive trucks and other large vehicles. In order to be eligible for one, you must have a valid state-issued driver’s license, which you can get by passing the written exam, road skills test (if needed) and vision test.
Many states require you to have at least 22 years old before applying for these licenses; some also require you to pass drug tests and background checks. The commercial license is a type of credential that allows the holder to drive trucks, buses and other large vehicles. It differs from a standard driver’s license because it has added requirements and restrictions. The good news is that commercial driver’s licenses are valid all over the United States. You can apply for one in any state and use it anywhere else without hassle, so long as you meet the requirements. The only exception is if a state has its own special licensing requirements.
How many CDL schools are there in the US?
The US Department of Education (DOE) accredits CDL schools, and each state requires that they be licensed by the DOE. In addition to these national standards, each individual state has its own set of requirements for getting a license and operating a school within their borders.
Most CDL schools offer both classroom-based training programs and online training courses. The length of time it takes to complete one will vary depending on your prior experience and skill level, but most drivers can expect to spend anywhere from 8–24 weeks in class before taking their exams.
While there are over 500 truck driving schools across all 50 states, not all of them offer the same types or levels of training courses for prospective students looking for an entry-level position in this field
HDS Truck Driving Institute
HDS Truck Driving Institute is a truck driving school in the US that offers courses for drivers of all experience levels. The school is located in Houston, Texas and has been in business since 1990. It offers three levels of training: basic, intermediate, and advanced.
HDS is a private college, so you’ll need to have a high school diploma or GED before you can enroll.
HDS offers students two ways to learn: online through its virtual classroom program or on campus at one of its four campuses (Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth area, Austin/San Antonio area). There are no class schedules; classes take place when they’re convenient for the student (you can even take them from home if you want).
National Tractor Trailer School
National Tractor Trailer School is a trucking school located in Texas. They offer a variety of training options, including an online program that can be completed entirely at home.
According to their website, the school offers:
- Classroom instruction
- Hands-on training with trucks driven by instructors
- In-cab driving lessons with an instructor in the passenger seat
- Driver logbook coaching, which helps students keep track of their hours spent driving on the road and keeping up their driver’s log book
Iowa Central Community College Transportation Technology Center
This school has a location in Council Bluffs, which is about 2 hours away from Des Moines. They offer classes for both commercial and non-commercial drivers, and are able to accommodate students who need to attend this school full time or part time.
The Iowa Central Community College Transportation Technology Center offers a class called “Intro to Truck Driving” that can prepare you for a career as a truck driver. The course takes less than two months to complete, and includes classroom training as well as hands on driving experience with large trucks around the city of Council Bluffs.
If you’re interested in becoming an owner operator (see below), they also offer courses that cover how to manage your own small business while still being able to take care of yourself and your family
Great Lakes Truck Driving School
Great Lakes Truck Driving School is a full-service truck driver training school. They offer a variety of training options for new and experienced drivers. Their services include classroom, on-the-road, and online courses as well as CDL preparation courses.
Great Lakes Truck Driving School also offers an array of special programs designed to earn you your CDL in less time while helping you focus on the classes that matter most to you – like Hazmat and Tanker endorsements! If you’re ready to get started, apply now by visiting greatlakestruckdriving.com
New England Tractor Trailer Training School – NETTTS
New England Tractor Trailer Training School (NETTTS) offers one of the best truck driving schools in the Northeast. They provide a high quality training program for students who want to work for big companies. Their course is taught by experienced instructors with good reputations, and they offer job placement assistance at no additional cost.
If you’re looking to get into this business and want to start in an area where there’s plenty of opportunity, NETTTS is an excellent choice.
Northern Industrial Training
Northern Industrial Training
Northern Industrial Training is a truck driving school in Michigan that offers career-focused programs for individuals looking to start a career as professional drivers. The company has locations in Detroit, Flint, and Lansing and offers courses for both commercial drivers and owner-operators.
Northern Industrial Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and approved by the Department of Transportation (DOT). It also provides financial aid if you qualify.
Commercial Driver Training
If you’re looking for a truck driving school that offers both classroom and behind-the-wheel training, CDL Training is the place to go. They offer courses for all levels of CDL license, including the commercial driver’s license (CDL), hazardous materials endorsements and more.
The course includes classroom instruction as well as behind-the-wheel training on a variety of trucks with experienced instructors who are familiar with local traffic patterns in Kansas City, MO.
Sage Technical Services
Sage Technical Services is a truck driving school in Utah. Sage Tech focuses on safety, and the needs of their students. They are located in American Fork, UT.
The first thing we noticed is that they have an excellent website with all of their important information on it. They also have a lot of videos to help you learn more about truck driving careers, how to become a truck driver, and how to get your CDL license. This makes it easy for you as a potential student to feel confident that they know what they’re doing here at Sage Tech!
Houston Community College Northeast Commercial Truck Driving Center
Houston Community College Northeast Commercial Truck Driving Center
6303 East Sam Houston Parkway N, Houston TX 77049
The cost of the training is $5,500 and you can complete it in 8 weeks. The curriculum includes:
- Classroom instruction – You’ll learn how to operate a commercial vehicle and comply with federal safety regulations for driving Class A or B vehicles (tractor trailers). You’ll also be trained on local state motor vehicle laws and driving regulations as well as basic customer service skills that apply to your potential path in life as a truck driver.
- Driving simulator – An actual truck, built especially for driver training purposes sits inside this 35 ft long by 10 ft wide by 15 ft high structure featuring a 2 lane roadway that simulates actual interstate traffic conditions with both urban buildings and rural vistas appearing from side windows built into each side wall while overhead video screens display real time images of other vehicles approaching at various speeds along both sides of each lane allowing students in cab simulators equipped with steering wheels and brake pedals to practice braking techniques when necessary without putting anyone’s lives at risk!
You can also take advantage of this program if you have been convicted twice within five years for OWI (operating while intoxicated), DWI (driving while intoxicated), UDD1 (underage drinking) or UDD2 (underage possession of alcohol).
College of Southern Maryland Center for Transportation Training
College of Southern Maryland Center for Transportation Training
The College of Southern Maryland (CSM) offers driving programs that are available to students who live in Prince George’s County, St. Mary’s County, Charles County and Calvert County. CSM has been offering CDL training since 1994, which makes it one of the longest-running truck driving schools in the nation. With this experience, they have refined their curriculum over time to provide students with an excellent learning experience while also ensuring they will pass their CDL exams on the first attempt.
CSM utilizes top-of-the-line equipment including trucks from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation and Volvo Trucks North America – two companies known for producing some of America’s finest commercial vehicles. The trucks used at CSM are equipped with automatic transmissions and air brakes so you can be sure that your skills will transfer directly into any kind of trucking job after graduating from CSM’s program!
Congratulations! You’ve decided to get your CDL and start a career as a truck driver. This is an exciting time for you, but also very important. You need training to learn how operate such a large vehicle, stay safe on the road, and protect yourself from harm.
We recommend that you contact one of these schools and register for their class schedule ASAP. The sooner you begin training, the better chance you have at becoming successful in this industry!
In conclusion, truck driving schools are a great way to start your career in the trucking industry. If you’re interested in becoming a professional driver, then learn all about what it takes at a truck driving school near you!